Sunday, March 29, 2015

Words of Encouragement #20 - Eagerly Awaiting


As I sit here typing a few short paragraphs this afternoon, I am eagerly awaiting my aunt's arrival from a few states away. I have cleaned for two days! Not that she is expecting everything in tip-top order, but I am the one who wants it that way. I want everything to be shiny and clean for her visit. I find that when my house is in order, I can visit with an easy mind and can enjoy her visit so much more. I am prepared for her and our time together.

Thinking about all of the preparation I have done for her visit and thinking about how I am looking out the window every few minutes to see if she is coming down the lane, I am also thinking about how I can apply the things I have done for her to my Bible classroom. What they both have in common is preparation.

When a Bible classroom is prepared and waiting for students, there is a feeling of anticipation in the air that may only last for a few minutes, but it is still there just the same. The Bibles are on the tables, the chairs are neatly pushed in, the room is clutter-free, the title of the Lesson is on the chalkboard, the Bible map is in the corner, and the materials for the Activity anxiously await the students' arrival. Everything is prepared for our Bible class together. Certainly, the Bible teacher can think clearly, knowing that everything is in place and wanting it that way. 

The room is prepared and we eagerly await our students. May this always be our plan.