Thursday, March 27, 2014

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder


A Few Personal Notes:  
  • In case you are checking in for a new blog right now, I thought I might let you know that I will not be blogging until, Lord willing, Tuesday, April 1, 2014. There is a quotation that says, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."  It is not found in the Bible, but I am hoping it is a true saying in this case.  Hopefully, you are enjoying the Bible lessons every night. I, personally, am loving this new avenue of communication, even if it might be a one-way street! The blog has received 'hits' from the United States, China, Poland, Malaysia, Argentina, Ukraine, Russia, and many 'hits' from Germany--thank you! I look forward to posting every single day and, up until tomorrow, have been able to post every day.  That's 47 posts that, hopefully, will help Bible teachers and Bible students all over the world! God is good!
  • A little history on how this blog began: I really do not remember if I had heard a sermon or if I just happened to be reading Psalm 90:10 that says, "The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away," but it woke me up! Life is short!  We must make every day count, redeeming the time (Jas. 5:16). My birthday was coming up and I did the math. The word 'score' in this verse equals 20 years which would make 'threescore years plus ten' equal 70 years; 'fourscore' would equal 80 years.  I realize that we are not even guaranteed today (Jas. 4:14), but thinking that 70 years was not very long, I thought I had better get busy doing the things that I have always said I was going to do, especially good things for the Lord. It is my opinion that most people do not read books like they have in past. Today, if someone wants information, they just hop on the internet and ask the question, receiving the answer in seconds. (That's what I do!) The internet is faster, easier, and, sometimes it is like it almost reads my mind!  I always thought I was going to write a book, but the result was this blog! 
  • Again, I hope you are enjoying the lessons and are using them or passing the information on to others.  The Bible is a treasure (Ps. 19:7-10) and should definitely be shared. Looking forward to April 1st!  Take care...and, as we tell the children, don't forget to read your Bible!