Completing our study of Genesis, it is helpful for the students to review what they have learned. With many distractions in this world, children need all the help they can get in order to keep the Bible in their minds. Three of the most important and recurring points that we have learned over this short amount of time are three-fold:
- God loves His children.
- There are consequences for our actions.
- Life is easier when we obey God.
ENDING THE STUDY OF THE BOOK OF GENESIS:
At the end of this study of this good Bible book, there are a few things the children need to take home with them at the end of class:
- Attendance Chart
- Books of the Bible Chart, if the Bible teacher made separate charts
- All of the Genesis Activities that they may have left in class
- If the teacher has made separate "Songs We Sing In Bible Class" song books, it is nice if the children have books of the songs at home to sing. Extra work, but, oh, so beneficial!
- It is helpful for an easy exit if all the above "take home" items are in paper bags and are by the door.
PRAYER: Remember to thank God for all of the students. May God bless them with loving families and wonderful memories to remember God's Word.
During a Review, it is also a good time to sing the songs that the students have learned. Here are a few songs that are on this blog that have words and tunes:
- Read, Read Every Day
- Jesus Loves Me
- Jesus Loves The Little Children
- The Bible, The Bible
- The B-I-B-L-E
- The Books Of The Old Testament
- The Books Of The New Testament
- This Little Light Of Mine
- Be Careful Little Eyes
- The Wise Man Built His House Upon A Rock
- Day 1, Day 1
- Adam And Eve In The Garden
- The Sons Of Jacob
- Joseph's Coat Of Many Colors
- Be Patient And Kind
ACTIVITY: Review QuestionsFor review, the questions below may be written on long strips of paper such as sentence strips, poster board, or construction paper. Review with the children. They will be surprised at how much they remember! (So will the Bible teacher!!)
"Older Student" Tip: Divide the room into two groups and see which side remembers the most answers!
- How does God talk to us today?
- How do we talk to God?
- What does "Genesis" mean? (Beginning)
- On separate cards, ask "What did God create on the ___ day?"
- What did God do on the seventh day?
- Who was the first man?
- Who was the woman?
- Who were the first three children?
- Where did Adam and Eve live in the beginning?
- What were Adam's jobs in the Garden?
- What was Eve's job?
- Tell why Adam and Eve had to leave the Garden?
- What kind of fruit did they eat? (Answer not found in the Bible)
- Who was the tempter?
- How was Adam punished for not obeying God?
- How was Eve punished for not obeying God?
- How was the serpent punished for not obeying God?
- Which brother offered the better sacrifice?
- Which brother killed his brother?
- What was Cain's punishment for killing Abel?
- Through which son would Jesus be born? (Seth)
- What did God tell Noah to build?
- What was the ark made of?
- Who was saved on the ark?
- How many days and nights did it rain during the Great Flood?
- Where did the ark rest?
- What did God put in the sky as a promise He would never destroy the earth by water again?
- Why didn't God want the people to build a tower up to heaven?
- How did God make the people stop building the tower?
- What was the name of the tower?
- What was Abram's new name?
- What was Sarai's new name?
- Where did Lot choose to live?
- Why were Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed? (wickedness)
- Who was the Father of Many Nations?
- How old was Abraham when Isaac was born?
- When Abraham was about to offer Isaac on the altar and the angel of the LORD stopped him, what did Abraham offer instead?
- Who did Isaac marry?
- What were the names of Isaac and Rebekah's twins' names?
- How did Jacob suggest Esau sell his birthright?
- How did Jacob trick his father into blessing him instead of Esau?
- Name the twelve sons of Jacob.
- What was Jacob's daughter's name?
- Why were Joseph's brothers jealous of Joseph?
- What did Joseph's brothers put him in that had no water?
- Did Joseph's brothers kill Joseph?
- How did Joseph get to Egypt?
- Was Joseph ever in prison for doing something wrong? (trick question)
- How did Joseph get out of prison?
- What did Pharaoh's dreams of cows and corn mean?
- Who was responsible for the food in Egypt during the famine?
- Why did Joseph's brothers go to Egypt during the famine?
- Did Joseph realize that it was God's plan that he be taken to Egypt to save his people?
- Did Jacob ever know that Joseph was alive?
These are only a few of the many questions that a Bible teacher could ask during a Review of Genesis. Reread a few of the lessons on this blog if more questions are needed. The answers are also on this blog and, of course, are in the Bible.