Monday, April 14, 2014

Words of Encouragement Along The Way #3 - Answer, "Yes!"


Good job! We have made it through the first book of the Old Testament! Perhaps we should stop a minute and reflect on our progress, thinking about how we might be able to improve ourselves, our class, and our materials. A few important questions that we might ask ourselves are...
  • "Are the lessons that I teach each and every week from God's Word and God's Word only?" (2 Tim. 4:2)
  • "Am I able to prove everything that I teach with book, chapter, and verse?" (Rom. 10:17)
  • "Am I studying diligently?" (2 Tim. 2:15)
  • "Am I praying before each study period?" (1 Thess. 5:17)
  • "Am I prepared spiritually, mentally, and physically for the task that is set before me?" (2 Pet. 1:10)
  • "Do I encourage each and every child?" (Mt. 19:14)
  • "Do I realize that I am making an impact for good on the students as I teach them God's Word?"  (1 Cor. 15:58)
  • "Am I aware that God is on my side and wants me to succeed?" (Rom. 8:31)
  • "Am I more knowledgeable now than I was on my first day of teaching Bible class?" (2 Pet. 1:5)
If you can honestly answer, "Yes," to each of the questions above, then you are making progress! When the Bible teacher grows, the students grow! As your confidence in your own ability to teach God's Word increases, you will enjoy it more and more every day, knowing that God is pleased. May we always think seriously, inwardly, and humbly as we teach God's holy Word. (1 Pet. 5:6, 8)  Let us stay close to the Bible and we will never go astray.